I follow a few photography and wedding photography blogs. And I have seen photo booth photos using fake mustaches. What a fun idea that I must try. Searching online, I found fake mustaches within pretty reasonable price range. However, top it with the shipping and handling fee, it’s more than what I would like to pay for fake mustaches. How about some DIY ones. Probably a good idea for Halloween, too. Super simple and cheap. If you make something using this tutorial, please upload pictures of it in our Flickr group to show it off to everyone. You may be featured on Simply Modern Mom.
- black felt (I used a large sheet of stiff felt)
- glue gun
- thin dowels (1/4″ or thinner)
- black permanent marker
1. Fold your paper in half lengthwise. Then sketch half a mustache. And cut them out.
2. Lay mustaches on your felt and trace each mustache pattern twice. I used a regular pencil.
3. Cut out the felt pieces.
4. Color one end of the dowels with black permanent markers so it matches the felt.
5. Use the glue gun to glue the dowel to one side of the felt mustache. I like to have the stick at an angle so it doesn’t block the person’s face.
6. Use the glue gun to glue the second piece of felt to the first piece and dowel.