If you are a traveling guest in someone’s home this holiday, please keep this in mind…
- Be accommodating. When you are staying at someone’s house, don’t expect it to be a hotel. If you wanted a private room, a clean bathroom, and room service then check into a nearby hotel.
- Offer to help. Even though this is your vacation and you are a guest, it’s nice to offer a helping hand. Most of the time, the answer will probably be, “No thanks, I’m fine.” But it’s good to hear the offer nevertheless.
- Keep the kids occupied. It helps a whole lot if you can keep the kids out of my hair. I can get a lot more done that way.
- Don’t judge me. I may not do things the way you do it, but that doesn’t mean it’s the wrong way. And please over look my dusty house, rumbustious children, and meals that didn’t turn out quite right.
- Thank yous are always welcomed. It’s nice to be appreciated for all the stress, pressure, and hard work.
What are your tips for guests?