I am feeling the stress of the holidays coming on all ready. Looking at our calendar, we have every weekend booked until past the New Year. How about some ways to relax?
- Hot and steamy showers. It is also the only time when I get time to think without any interruptions. Some of my best ideas came from a nice shower.
- Take a 5 minute guilt-free break. Going along with the idea from the Pomodoro Technique, take a 5 minute break and do something fun, different, creative or relaxing. I like to play with my kids, listen to a pick-me-up song, flip through magazines, grab a healthy snack and sometimes not so healthy snacks.
- Call a friend. I have some of the most amazing friends in the world. Nothing like taking a break from the day-to-day mundane tasks by catching up with a friend.
- Hand massage. I work with my hands all day long making things, typing, cooking, and cleaning. Then I am constantly washing my hands because I am sort of a germaphobe. Add the dry winter weather and my hands are always chapped. Some kneading with hand lotion is a great way for me to relax.
- Stretch. Taking deep breaths while stretching always does it for me.
What are some ways you relax? And don’t forget about the Pomodoro Giveaway!
Happy Friday, everyone!