We are two and half weeks away from Thanksgiving and seven weeks away from Christmas. Are you stressed yet? From now until the holidays are over, I will be focusing articles on simplifying all the worries that surrounds this time of year. I am going to throw ideas at you, make up a few lists, and inspire you to have a delightful holiday season. Are you ready?
Simple 5-minute table centerpieces. Click on picture for details, descriptions below. What are your centerpiece ideas and tips?
- Floating fruits in glass vase. Also good to mix the colors or use fall colors.
- Bold color fruits in serving bowls.
- Gerbera daisies in wheatgrass box.
- Pinecones in glass vase or other glass serving bowls.
- Fall wreath hanging from a ribbon.
- Pumpkins and foliage on cake dish and table runners.
- Vegetables tied to candle with ribbon.
Tips for centerpieces:
- Use what you have around the house — serving bowls, antique china, glass vase, cake stands, platters, bottles, trays, candles.
- Use what is outside of your house — leaves, twigs, thin branches, berries, nuts, seeds, sand, rocks.
- Use what is in your grocery bag — fruits, vegetables, candies, nuts.
- Think colors — bold colors, fall colors, shades of white.
- Table runners can be made from anything — wrapping paper, tissue paper, colored plastic wraps, scrapbook paper, butcher paper, fabric.
- Don’t make it too tall. It blocks people’s views and slows conversations.