I am constantly looking for ways to make gift giving more personal. Those are my favorite gifts to give. As we are in the season of giving, here are five ideas for using your photos…
- Favorite things. This Christmas, I made photo books of my kids favorite things. It was a medium size flipbook. One for Elle and one for Kaye. It’s fun to be able to capture their favorite things at this age. I also used letter blocks to spell out their favorite things, an idea I received from Liz’s blog.
- Favorite memories. This year, I hand bound personal books for our parents for Mother’s and Father’s Day. I had each of our siblings write a couple favorite memories with our parents. Then dug through old photographs for pictures to go along with the stories. We all laughed and cried taking a trip down memory lane.
- While you were gone. My brother and some of Nathan’s siblings travel all around the world. We send them photo books of our children growing up while they were gone. Catch them up on some of the things they missed.
- Messages. Have family members or friends hold a sign with a message of ‘I love you’ or ‘thank you’ or ‘we miss you’ in a photograph. Put it on a card or make it into a poster.
- Cover an event. At a special event, take ample pictures and make a little scrapbook for them. Don’t forget to include your thoughts and feelings of the event. This is great for weddings, birthdays, graduations and performances.