I think knobs can be such great decorations on the wall, especially antique knobs. We have knobs in the children’s playroom to hang their artwork. The ones in this tutorial were for our master bedroom room to hang frames above our bed. There are so many other decorations you can hang on these knobs mounted on walls. But first, let’s learn how to mount them. It’s easier than you think. Don’t forget about the tutorial on how to reuse frames to make ribbon hanging wall frames. If you make something using this tutorial, please upload pictures of it in our Flickr group to show it off to everyone. You may be featured on Simply Modern Mom.
- cabinet knobs or any types of knobs that uses screws
- strong bolt cutter
- screws (most store bought knobs come with screws)
- wall anchors that fits screw size
- electric drill
1. Use the bolt cutter and cut off the closed end of the screw.
2. Measure where you would like to hang the knob and drill a hole. Look on the wall anchor packaging to see what size drill bit you need.
3. Place the wall anchor in the hole and hammer it flat into the wall.
4. Screw the knob into one end of the double open ended screw.
5. Screw the other end of the screw into the anchor all ready in the wall.