This was a quick and easy craft to do with Kaye. She was able to pick out the beads and thread the elastic through. We made this one with whatever beads we had lying around. I used two different colored elastic to help you see the instructions clearly. Our little Elle has been stealing this headband from her sister and wearing it as a necklace. So it’s multipurpose. If you make something using this tutorial, please upload pictures of it in our Flickr group to show it off to everyone. You may be featured on Simply Modern Mom.
- elastic strings
1. Measure the head size of your child or you for a headband then give lots of room to spare. Then tie a knot on one side about 3-4 inches from the end.
2. Thread the first elastic with beads. For me, I just had Kaye bead enough to cover from ear to ear. Tie the other end when you’re through.
3. Thread the second elastic with beads. Same as the last step.
4. Tie both elastic strings together at where the beads end. Do to both sides.
5. Remeasure the head and tie both open ends together so it meets at the bottom of the headband.
» Tell me… Do your girls wear headbands? Or any hair accessories for that matter? My girls like to pull them out.