When we traveled to Taiwan two summers ago, having movies on Nathan’s iPhone what save the trip. Other than having movies on your smartphones to save the day, here are some iPhone apps that are kid-friendly and some of my favorites that teaches too…
1. FirstWords. Children learn to spell words by dragging scrambled letter to its correct order. It’s Kaye’s favorite game. Although I have noticed she matches the letters from the end of the word to the beginning. There is a sample version that is free with limited amount of words. Other versions include animals ($1.99), vehicles ($1.99) and deluxe ($4.99).
2. PopMath Basic Math. For $0.99 this app can teach your children basic math in a fun popping bubble game. They challenge themselves as each level is timed to see how long it takes to pop bubble question with the correct answer.
3. iWriteWords. Another of Kaye’s favorites. It teaches her to write words and numbers by tracing and following a little crab. The lite version is free but has a few words for them to write. While the regular version is $1.99. As a mom, I like this one the best.
4. Smack It. This is just a fun one to let the time pass. I have the free version and the deluxe version is $0.99. Kaye has fun smacking the moles back in the ground. It makes her giggle every time.
5. MyPaint. Bring out their creativity by giving them a blank canvas to draw. Or you can upload a picture from your photo albums and make faces. There is a free version or regular is $1.99 with additional features.
» Tell me… Do your children have favorite apps they use? Which ones?