Taco Soup from me…
This is a fast soup. And I need fast recipes in my life. My friend, Tannen, introduced me to taco soups and I have been refining a mixture of several recipes since then. This recipe will make quite a large batch, serving 6-8 people. So it’s a go-to recipe when we have company or at the beginning of a week for Nathan to take leftovers to school. And although Kaye is a pretty picky eater, she loves this soup because she gets to crunch tortilla chips.
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato, undrained
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomato, undrained
3 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups water, or more to reach desired soup consistency
- Brown beef in pan with chopped onions, then drain excess fat.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, lightly blend stewed tomato, brown sugar and taco seasoning.
- In a large soup pot, combine blended mixture, browned beef and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and mix well.
- Serve with avocado, cheese, lime, sour cream, cilantro and/or tortilla chips.
To post your over-used family recipe, click on the logo below.