Easy Homemade Doughnuts

This is a good doughnut recipe for breakfast or even dessert. I’m not a ‘hit me with sugar’ kind of person in the mornings. So I usually make this for dessert or when we have company over.

Ingredients:
1 can Pillsbury biscuits
canola oil
cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar

1. Fill the bottom of frying pan with oil and about 1/2-inch deep.
  2. Use an O-shaped cookie cutter to cut biscuits into doughnut shapes.
  3. Fry doughnuts until a light brown or golden color on each side.
  4. Allow oil to drip off the doughnut and allow to cool on a plate covered with paper towels.
  5. Mix cinnamon and sugar if you are doing that as your topping.
  6. Cool for a few minutes then toss doughnuts into paper bag.
  7. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar or the cinnamon sugar mixture into the bag.
  8. Fold over the paper bag and shake well to evenly coat doughnuts with topping.

8 Responses to “Easy Homemade Doughnuts”

• Constance G

These look yummy. I’ll have to try them when I’m taking a diet binge day! Lol

• anh

how fabulous! thanks for the recipe!!!! i can’t wait to try it! now i am craving for donuts. thanks CG!

• Sabrina

I grew eating this very same thing! Oh the memories! My mom also made a homemade glaze sometimes.

• Line

Wow, that IS an easy recipe! I’ve always wanted to learn to make donuts and now you’ve given me an easy one to start off with. Thanks! Even better, I have a bunch of Pillsbury biscuits I got coupon shopping. :)

• Elizabeth

I have been eating these my whole life, my grandmother use to make these for my mom. The only thing that we do different is we make a glaze for them. Confectioner sugar, pet milk, vanilla, or any other flavoring like lemon and sometimes I add coco powder for chocolate glazed.

• Elizabeth

Oh and we don’t use a doughnut cutter we just flatten the biscuit a bit and take a small circle cutter and only make a doughnut hole that way we don’t waist any good doughnut dough lol. They are very good and my kids get extremely excited when they see me making these on Saturday morning.