This is a good doughnut recipe for breakfast or even dessert. I’m not a ‘hit me with sugar’ kind of person in the mornings. So I usually make this for dessert or when we have company over.
1 can Pillsbury biscuits
cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar
- Fill the bottom of frying pan with oil and about 1/2-inch deep.
- Use an O-shaped cookie cutter to cut biscuits into doughnut shapes.
- Fry doughnuts until a light brown or golden color on each side.
- Allow oil to drip off the doughnut and allow to cool on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar if you are doing that as your topping.
- Cool for a few minutes then toss doughnuts into paper bag.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar or the cinnamon sugar mixture into the bag.
- Fold over the paper bag and shake well to evenly coat doughnuts with topping.