You won’t know the truth of these statements until you are a mom of little darlings. Then there are more experienced moms who are dealing with a whole new set of mommy moments. But you’ll remember these moments that probably happened not long ago. You know you’re a mom with little ones if…
- Going to the bathroom is no longer a private business. At home, Elle loves to bang on the door as soon as I shut it. And she’ll bang on it until I’m out of there. At public bathrooms, Kaye likes to ask me out loud, “Mom, are you going pee pee or poo poo?” Then she likes to answer that question herself. Also out loud.
- You’ve been thrown up on, pooped and/or peed on and spit up on by the same person and you still love him/her. There were times when I use myself, my hands or my clothes to catch puke or spit up and Nathan glared at me like, No way would I EVER do that.
- You’ve pulled something out of the diaper bag or your purse and someone said, “Wow! You had that in there?” It’s our mommy magic bag, right? Just like Mary Poppins. I think the weirdest thing I’ve ever had in the diaper bag was the spark plug for our lawn mower. I was trying to find a replacement and needed it to get the right one. Then I forgot about it and left it in there for months. Don’t worry, it was contained in a Ziplock bag.
- Your kids are your alarm clock. I miss those days of sleeping in. In fact, just this Monday Kaye came in at 6:45 a.m. and yelled, “Get up, Mom! It’s your birthday today!” And I am not a morning person.
- You don’t mind eating cold meals anymore. By the time I get food in front of everyone, cut up pieces, gather drinks, grabbed bibs and napkins, deal with menu complaints and pick up dropped utensils and food off the floor and wipe up spilled drinks my food has been sitting at the table untouched for at least 15 minutes. I’m just glad to be eating.
» Tell me… What are your mommy moments? I am doing a mommy moments photo contest where you can win free nights stay at Marriott Hotels or FAB Beauty products. And you can win Stella & Dot jewelry by taking on the Time Out For Moms Challenge.