Project 52: S’mores

Nathan’s idea for a date night this week. He lit the tiki torches in the backyard and started a fire in the fire pit. And since I am not a chocolate fan, he got butterscotch chips for me to make s’mores. Yum! Although, to be honest, it was a bit too sweet for me. That is a lot of sugar in one bite and I have a hard time with that super sweet stuff. Lesson #1: Outdoor fire can be romantic too.

It was nice to sit outside and enjoy fresh air. It was peaceful and quiet. Calm and serene. Very therapeutic in a way. We even talked about how I am not the camping type of girl. If you want to try this outdoor date idea, here are a few other ideas of simple foods to make over a camp fire. It was a perfect night before the storm and rain that came a few hours later. Lesson #2: We can get out of the house for a date without leaving our property.

Nathan said: I’ve been wanting to get out and have a date outside for the last couple months. Finally the weather cooperated. I received the fire pit as a Christmas gift and was also excited to put it to some use as well. The date was pretty low key and relaxing. I also beat Tiffany pretty good in Dr. Mario on the Wii afterwards. She didn’t mention that above did she? 😉

» Tell me… Do you like outdoor camp fires? Are you the camping type of person?

Want to join Project 52: Date Night? Great! Start anytime. Go here for details about the project and print the pledge.

When you link up, please remember…

• Keep it clean and family friendly. This is a family friendly site. Anything inappropriate will be deleted.
  • It needs to be a date. Not your latest projects or pictures of your beautiful children. I do love reading about your projects and learning about your family. But this linky is for date nights and date nights only. It is for us to exchange date night ideas.
  • Link to a specific blog post about your date that week. Don’t just link to your site’s home page. It needs to be the direct link to the post. Anything not directly linked to the post will be deleted.
  • Link back to Simply Modern Mom or put the Project 52: Date Nights button on your site. It’s common courtesy. Please be nice.

Project 52 Date Nights

11 Responses to “Project 52: S’mores”

• Glenyce

I would really like to do an outside date. We have just started to get cold nights now though (we are in autumn here) and it’s not looking as appealing. Sounds like you had a great date. By the way, Nathan’s tshirt is classic!

• Roe

I like camping, but people tell me I am not the camping type. I’m not really sure why….. The camp fire in the backyard sounds comfy and relaxing, if only my back yard were big enough ;D

• Nichole

That’s a great idea! I’m not the camping type, either, but I do love s’mores. (I don’t know that there is such a thing as too much sugar.)

• Mollie

Seriously, where did you find Dr Mario on Wii? We bought all the other old school games, but couldn’t find Dr Mario in the shop part. I’ll have to go look again.

my husband found it and he ordered it from online wii. it’s not exactly the same like the old version on nintendo 64, but it’s still fun.

• stephanie

we’re probably going to steal this idea for this week’s date. we had a little bonfire last week and loved it!

• Lauren

I am 100% a camping person! We both grew up camping all the time and we’re looking forward to taking our 2-year-old daughter on her first camping trip this summer!

• MamaTina

We love to camp. I was disappointed that we didn’t get to go last year. Our church is planning on having a campfire once a week during the summer as an alternative worship service to Sunday mornings. I think it will be a lot of fun!

• Shauna

mmmmm.. s’mores with caramel chips.. what a brilliant idea! (Yes, I am a sweets person).
    I definitely love the outdoors… but when it comes to camping, I can handle about 2 nights, max. And I need a shower. I just really love the comforts of home.. my own bed, etc. But it sure is fun to get into the outdoors and spend an evening by the campfire (then shower out the smell afterwards).

• Jade @ No Longer 25

You are so lucky to have had a date night outside – looking at your photos makes me long to be outdoors and to eat s’mores! We’re moving into our new place in 3 weeks and will have our own garden for the first time. We’re going to make the most of it this summer – lots of s’mores too hopefully!