I know. I lied. Last week I said I would have a tutorial for you today. And I do. But I decided to save the tutorial until Wednesday. Only because for those of you who are actually learning how to use your sewing machine with my Sewing 101 Education Week will need these next couple lessons before you can make the easy apron tutorial I have for you. Thanks for being patient with me and hopefully you are learning something new.
Winding The Bobbin
- Begin at the thread. Pull thread to the tension disc.
- Have it come back toward the bobbin.
- Pull the thread through one of the holes in the bobbin. And place the bobbin in the winding spindle.
- Push the winding spindle over to the right.
- Hold the thread end while you push the foot control (pedal). After the thread winds a few time, you can let go.
- When you get enough thread on your bobbin, cut the thread from the spool and trim the first thread end sticking up from the hole.
Preparing The Top Thread
- Follow the numbers and arrows. Take thread to the thread guide.
- Go down, loop back up.
- Draw it through the take up lever from right to left.
- Bring it back down thought the needle bar.
- Go through the eye of the needle from the front to back.