I don’t know about where you live, but school started last Monday for the kids in our county. I am so happy that I decided not to put Kaye in preschool this year. I think some of you may just be starting school. So here’s a list of things you should probably do before the bell rings…
- Update immunization shots. Check with your family doctor or pediatrician to make sure your child is all up to date on his shots.
- Have a last summer hurrah. Run around in sprinklers. Devour ice cream with fresh berries. Take a quick overnight vacation. Cannon ball into the pool. Spend a day at a fair or theme park. Go to the movie theater.
- Go shopping. There’s school supply shopping. School clothes shopping. But how about shopping for something fun like supplies for a hobby or something fun to decorate your child’s bedroom?
- Find the right backpack. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that a child not carry more than 10 to 20 percent of his body weight on his back daily. Take the child with you and have them try on the backpack in the store. And check out GoodHousekeeping’s article on finding the right backpack for your child. Then add some spunk to the bag by personalizing backpacks with appliqué.
- Let them sleep in one last time. This is also an opportunity for you to sleep in. Or a nap will work too.
» What are some things on your to do list preparing for back to school?