Everyone asks for my homemade cream puffs recipe. Little do they know that it’s super easy. But I’m afraid that if I hand out my cream puffs recipe then people would stop inviting us over. Please don’t stop being our friend now that I’m giving out this recipe.
I am a lover of cream puffs. The thing I don’t like about the store bought kind is the greasy texture of the cream. But I’ll still eat them if they are around. Let’s just say I have never said no to cream puffs before. This recipe, the cream is creamy and not greasy. It’s the best cream puffs you will ever eat.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purposed flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 10-ounce package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Make the cream filling first by mixing vanilla pudding, milk and whipped topping in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate while you make the puffs.
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Then bring butter and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Then dump all at once into the boiling water and butter. Cook, stirring vigorously until the mixture forms into a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Using a mellon scooper, place a scoop of the dough on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before putting the cream into the puffs. I use a frosting tip to squirt the cream into the puffs.
- It’s best to eat the cream puffs when cold, so refrigerate again. When it’s time to serve, garnish with powdered sugar.
» Tell me… Are you a cream puff fan? What do you like to take to parties or other people’s homes?