We made some homemade ice cream for date night a few weekends ago. I discovered a secret ingredient that will rock your world. I promise, you’ll love me forever for this. It’s that good.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons your favorite flavored liquid coffee creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lots of ice
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- In a quart-size ziplock bag, combine sugar, half and half, coffee creamer and vanilla extract. Seal the bag allowing as much air out as possible. You can double bag it just to make sure the bag doesn’t puncture or rip. Then mix well by squishing it with your hand so the sugar doesn’t clump at the bottom.
- Using gallon-size ziplock bags, fill it half up with ice and mix with rock salt. If you may want to double bag it. Bury your quart-size bag with the ice cream mixture in the middle of the ice. Then seal the bags while allow as much of the air out as possible.
- Shake it for 15-20 minutes. It might help to wrap a kitchen towel around it or oven mitts so your hand doesn’t freeze.
- Rather than using ziplock bags for the ice, you can use large containers with lids. Just make sure you fill up the entire container with ice. Shake and/or roll your container to freeze the cream.
» Tell me… What is your favorite ice cream flavor?