Like I mentioned earlier today in the party tips, I like to do just a couple of main decoration pieces for parties and make those really stand out. So for this ice cream party, I made this ice cream banner then a garland. And if you made something inspired by Simply Modern Mom, please upload pictures of it in our Flickr group to show it off to everyone. You may be featured on Simply Modern Mom.
- coffee filter
- scrapbook paper in pink and blue stripes
- white cardstock
- glue stick
- tacky glue
- 10-20 feet ribbon
1. Make circle templates by using something round. I used bowls from the kitchen. Cut out 8 to spell out “ice cream”.
2. Sketch and cut out lettering templates. Trace these onto the white carstock paper.
3. Using glue stick, attach the carstock lettering to the circles from step 1.
4. Cut out the inner circle of the coffee filters.
5. Use the tacky glue to attach the coffee filter to the back of each circle. Allow to completely dry. You may also want to apply pressure to ensure that it is on there good.
6. Use the amount of ribbon you need for where you want to hang. You will probably want to use at least 10 feet of ribbon. Glue the ribbon to the back of each lettering evenly spaced. And done!
» Tell me… Have you used coffee filters for crafts before? How did you use it?