The fabulous Jen from Tatertots and Jello is here to show us how to make magnetic gift tags today. Just wait until you see it. So adorable. Now Jen is a lady who is full of great ideas. I would just love to tap into her brain for a day.
Hi Simply Modern Mom readers!! I’m Jen from Tatertots and Jello! I just adore Tiffany — and I’m so excited to be here for this fun Tag You’re It Party. There’s nothing more exciting than a pretty present sitting under the tree!
I’d love to share a little project I made — Magnet Gift Tags. These little gift tags are fun because they brighten up your package, plus they have a little magnet on top that the receiver can keep and use all year long!
- metal sheet. I found mine at my craft store. But Home Depot also sells magnet sheets in the roofing area.
- Dimensional Magic or similar glaze
- scrapbook paper scraps
- bottle caps. If you don’t have any saved, you can buy a pack of 6 at Hobby Lobby.
- fabric scraps
1. Cut out a 1 inch square of scrapbook paper. You can use a punch, or a template to make the circle precise.
2. Glue the circle to the bottom of the bottlecap. I used Mod podge. Then put a layer of mod podge over the top of the paper. Let dry.
3. Fill the bottlecap up with the Dimensional Magic glaze. While the glaze is wet, you can add some little buttons or charms. And you can also sprinkle some glitter on the top of the glaze. Let the glaze dry overnight.
4. While the bottlecaps are drying, work on the tags. Cut out your metal tags. If you are using thick metal sheeting, use tin snips. I cut my tags to 2 inches in width by 4 inches in length. Punch a hole at the top, middle of each tag.
5. Hot glue a square of fabric to the middle of the metal tag.
6. Hot glue additional ribbon and/or other embellishments to the tag.
7. Add some fabric to the top of the tag and loop though the punched hole.
8. When the bottlecaps are dry, hot glue any other embellishments to the top. I copied the names of the recipients to the bottlecap by cutting some scrapbook paper into 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets and running them through my printer.
9. Hot glue a magnet to the back of each bottlecap and attach the bottlecap to the metal tag.
Happy Wrapping and Happy Holidays!!