Today is the day. And I’ve been so busy with summer that I didn’t really plan anything to celebrate Simply Modern Mom’s 2nd birthday today. But I thought I would take some time to blog about it and reflect where we’ve been together this past year.
First of all, thank you for your support, comments, tips, advice, emails, feedback and ideas for Simply Modern Mom. I love that it is such an active community of moms and the likes. Thank you for reading Simply Modern Mom. I started Simply Modern Mom because I love to write and craft. And because of you, it has grown tremendously.
If you would be so kind, go vote for me on Babble’s Top 50 Mom Blogs. I made it to page 2. So simply go there and click “like”.
Anyway, taking a look back, here are some of my favorite moments from the last year on Simply Modern Mom.
I’ve brought you along to some places I’ve been…
- International farmer’s market.
- Seattle, Washington.
- Destin, Alabama.
- Yellow Daisy Festival.
- Alabama farmer’s market.
- Walt Disney World.
- Antique market.
- Quilt and sewing expo.
We’ve been busy sewing and crafting…
- Pleated bow pillowcase dress.
- Pleated uniform skirt.
- Hobo dance bag with pattern.
- Ballerina bun holder.
- Framed fabric silhouettes.
- Personalized backpack with appliqué.
- Ruffled table runner.
- Simple pajama pants.
- Quick and easy valances.
- Yarn eggs with surprises.
- Freezer paper stencil aloha shirts.
You helped me celebrated my daughter’s birthday with an ice cream party…
- Party details and ice cream bar.
- Ice cream piñata.
- Ice cream party banner.
- Invitations and envelopes.
- Party goody bags.
- Astronaut ice cream party favors.
We’ve eaten a lot of simple yet delicious foods…
- Homemade ice cream.
- Homemade cream puffs.
- Summer rolls.
- Macaroni chili soup.
- Marshmallow candy bracelets.
- Heart tarts.
- Hawaiian haystacks.
- Stir fry noodles with peanut sauce.
I’ve made announcements and had some amazing experiences…
- Baby 3.0.
- Did a video tutorial shoot for Samsung Smart TV. With the video tutorial here and the bloopers here.
- Interviewing Chris Ballew from Caspar Babypants.
You watched the beginnings of making over the girls’ bedroom. More of this will be coming soon…
And one of my favorite things I started was the Adventures of Modern Mom series. I just had the best time reading about your mom experiences and relating to you.
Thanks for all the memories! Hope there are many more to come.
» Tell me… What was your favorite from SMM this year?