Hi Simply Modern Mom readers! This is Amy from Mod Podge Rocks – excited to be here to share one of my favorite tutorials with you. You may think it’s a bit early for Christmas, but the craft world gets a pass since it takes awhile to gather supplies and actually make something. I personally start making gifts in early October so that I have plenty of time!
These ornaments are quite easy to make – especially for kids. Mod Podge is safe for children to use, by the way. If you are a seamstress, you are going to love this project because those scraps you’ve been saving finally have a use. Here’s the tutorial. Enjoy.
- Mod Podge – your choice of flavors. I used Glitter Gold, Glitter Silver and Gloss
- paper mache ornaments – as many as you want to make
- fabric scraps – I didn’t have any holiday ones specificially so I bought 1/8 yard pieces from JoAnn. They were only around $.30 a piece with the sales right now
- embellishments – whatever you have laying around; I used ribbon and buttons
- flat paint brush – one for everyone!
- Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
2. Kids love to get messy, and so do I! Work one or two shapes at a time, putting Mod Podge down on the ball and then placing the fabric squares. Tell the kids not to do too big of an area at once – we don’t want crying when the Mod Podge dries and nothing sticks!
5. Set the ornaments asie to dry for 15 – 20 minutes. Use your Beacon craft glue to add embellishments. I added buttons, ribbon, etc – whatever floats your boat! Again, make sure your glue is child safe if the little ones are going to be attaching embellishments. Set to dry for at least a few hours before hanging on the tree.
Thanks to Tiffany for having me – and Simply Modern Mom readers, feel free to visit me any time at Mod Podge Rocks. There’s always some sort of glue action going on, and a good dog story or two. Hope to see you soon!