I met Aimee a in February when we did the Samsung video shoot together. She was a blast to hang out with. She is hilarious in every way and so down to earth. Today she is here to share with you a recipe with avocado. I love avocado so I’m excited to try this recipe.
It’s a huge joke among my friends and family that we eat out too much. Way too much. WAY WAY WAY too much.
It’s not that I am a bad cook. Life just gets in the way!
So, many of my favorite recipes are quick and easy. Like, we often make taco meat and chop up all the fixins for tacos and just use tortilla chips for the base. Instant “taco salad!”
My son’s favorite meal is “Shrimp Pileups.” I am kind of proud of this, seeing my husband and I grew up in Maryland, thus Old Bay seasoning just naturally courses through our veins. But Declan? He has acquired his taste for it. Good man.
Lucky for me, they are really simple too!
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ whole onion
- 2 whole Roma tomatoes
- 16 ounces, package frozen peeled shrimp (or fresh)
- 1 whole hard boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole avocados
1. Run the frozen shrimp under warm water to thaw. Or cook if using fresh shrimp.
2. Finely chop celery and onions and add to a large bowl.
3. Chop tomatoes and egg into small bits and add to mixture.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients (except avocados) to the bowl and stir. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
5. Slice avocados in half and remove seed.
6. Place avocados on their backs with the peel on, and scoop shrimp salad into avocado boats.
Really! It’s that easy! Hey, if I can do it – you know you can.
Thanks to Tiffany for letting me come hang out over here. Congratulations on your new family addition, my lovely friend!