Burp cloths is something a mom with a newborn could always use. I haven’t been able to save them from the past because each baby totally trashes them. I use burp cloths all the time when nursing and burping the baby. I found some adorable flannel fabric at JoAnn a while ago. I knew I needed more burp cloths. So I bought a few yards and got working on them.
Since Eve is such a young baby, this Christmas she is getting mostly practical gifts. One of which being these burp cloths. And I made a few extra to give away as baby gifts. I used half yards of two different prints to make four 10 x 18 inch burp cloths. These are so simple and quick to make. I made 12 of them in three days, that’s with plenty of children interruptions and working on them mostly during nap times and after bedtimes.
- 2 different prints of flannel, 1/2 yard each
- floss or size 10 crochet thread
1. Cut your fabric 10 x 18 inches, you should be able to get 4 burp cloths out of 1/2 yard of fabric.
2. Place the two different fabrics together with the wrong sides together. Round the edges of each corner.
3. Sew the edges all the way around using a serger or straight stitch 1/8-inch around the edges then zig zag stitch inside the 1/8-inch.
4. Blanket stitch over the sewn edges all the way around the burp cloth. When you wash these, the edges may fray a bit, but not too much because you sewed the edges.
» Tell me… Do you use burp cloths with a newborn? Do you make your own or buy them?