100th Day of School

Kaye had her 100th day of school last Friday. What?! How can she be more than halfway through kindergarten already?! Breathe. Breathe. Her school had a big day celebrating the 100th day of school. In fact, she came home saying she didn’t learn anything that day at school. Just had so much fun.

For the 100th day of school, they were to wear 100 of something. I found a pack of adhesive googly eyes in various sizes. So I purchased it and stuck it onto a shirt. But I thought I would make it a little creative by turning it into a monster. I used a black fabric marker and drew the face, mouth and antenna of the monster on her shirt. Kaye was so excited to wear it to school. And the googly eyes jingled every time she walked. Bet that was fun during P.E. This can also be an easy idea for a monster party.

» Tell me… Does your child’s school have lots of parties and celebrations? Will they do something for the 100th day of school?

27 Responses to “100th Day of School”

• Lisa

Our 100 days is next Tuesday. I was just going to stick 100 Dora stickers on my preschooler’s shirt, but this is so much cooler – and nearly as simple. Thanks for the tip.

Our school has the kids each bring 100 pieces of a favorite snack to share. Fun, but it’s hard to imagine that every one of those families will have washed hands/tables before counting their snacks out. Trying not to think about that too much as we count 100 raisins this weekend.

• Jessica at Me Sew Crazy

Our 100th day of school is coming up! We just got the flyer in the mail…was thinking of making 100 hair barrettes for her Rapunzel doll :).

Love your monster eye ball shirt! That is too cute!

• baby burp

AWESOME!!! so cute! I really want to make something like this too..but how do you do about washing it?

i haven’t washed this shirt. it was pretty much a one time wear shirt. i could peel off the eyes if i wanted to, wash the shirt, then put the eyes back on. but wouldn’t be able to do that too many times.

• bluejay

Love this!!! I will use this idea next year for my kindergartner. My 1st grader’s 100th day is in 2 days and we wrote 100 sight words with a sharpie on white foam, cut them all out, and hot glued them all over a black shirt.

• Brenna

One of my students made a “100 eyes on me” poster with his pic down at the bottom of the poster for his 100th day project. This shirt is cute too.

• Pamela

Did the eyes stay on ok, during the day? Was the adhesive on the eyes strong enough? Adorable idea!

yes, she made it home with all 100 eyes still on her shirt. the adhesive was strong enough. i was pleasantly surprised.

• Barbara

I drew 100 smiley faces on my shirt! My first graders love it–plus they have to figure out how many eyeballs there are!! Only problem is, somehow I forgot an eyeball on one face–oops!! I drew them with sharpie marker and have worn it for a few years now ( only once a year of course). Children are asked to bring in 100 “things” they can measure (no food!!)

• Janie

Each child & staff member in our school is collecting 100 pennies. Each class is doing different activities on the 100th day with the pennies. After all of the activities and celebrations are over we will be sending the pennies to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation. We are hoping this will show the children, everyone can help in the cure for cancer.

• Alisha

I have my students dress up like they are 100 years old, bring a collection of 100 items in sandwich baggie to display, we make necklaces with 100 fruit loops and have a breakfast! Each student gets a sausage link (for the 1) and two dollar sized pancakes (for the 00 in 100). Love kinder!!!

• cynthia silva

Thanks for the great idea!!! I have twin boys and this is going to be perfect!

• deborah

i’m definitely saving this creative idea for my future kiddies. SO cute. i’m absolutely in love with monsters.

• Gina

Love this! My son just came home and said ,”I need a shirt for the 100 day of school” soooo perfect..starting to work on it now!

• Amy

Absolutely adorable! A couple questions: how did you stick the eyes onto the shirt? Would this be washable, or not?

It is not washable unfortunately. I purchased the googly eyes with an adhesive back on them.