What’s a room without decorations, right? It was tricky finding decorations for a girls’ pink bedroom without it being too cheesy or cutesy. I wanted a classy pink room. So I tried to find thrifted things I could turn into nice decorations for the girls’ room.
- Gum ball machine. Then I spray painted it an antique color. I was having a hard time finding something to fill the gum ball machine. I didn’t want to fill it with actual gum balls because I didn’t want food in the girls’ room. I thought about finding some bouncy balls but couldn’t find cute color balls to match the room. So I finally came up with the idea to fill it with balls of yarn. Turned out better than I expected. I love it.
- Matching frames for the artwork. I found a couple of matching frames at the thrift store with artwork that I didn’t care for. So I stripped it down and painting the frames to match the room. Then I purchased a few adorable art prints for the room from Sarah Jane Studio to put in these frames. I think they turned out really well.
- Princess mirror. My mom found this at a yard sale for me. She knows how much my girls love princesses. So this mirror went perfectly in their pink room. I hung it inside their closet door.
- White dresser. It’s a simple, cheap white dresser. I needed it to put all the girls’ clothes. Elle’s clothes on one side and Kaye’s on the other. Their closet is split completely in half for each girl.
- Large frame for the chalkboard. I mentioned this before in my tutorial on how to frame a chalkboard. I bought this at Goodwill for $36. It’s a bit much for a frame, but it’s actually a really large frame which are hard to find.
» Tell me… Where do you find the best thrifted stuff? Thrift stores, antique stores, markets or yard sales?