Lately our Elle, who is 3, has been having a hard time going to bed at night. It’s a tough situation. She still takes a nap from about 1 to 2 p.m. No later than 2:30 p.m. But when it’s 7 o’clock for bedtime, she is not tired. If she doesn’t take a nap, she is pretty good about going to bed but extremely emotional and tired starting around 4:30 until bedtime. Here are some excuses she have been using to get out of bed…
- “I hear thunder is coming.” Clear skies. Bright moon. Not a chance of storm in sight for days.
- “I need to go potty.” Had already gone before bedtime. And this was the third time she went on the potty and nothing.
- “I have an ouwie.” Hang nail on her finger. Took care of that.
- “Kaye woke me up.” Kaye is in bed. Not a peep out of her. Or even already asleep.
- “I need a drink.” Sorry. No drinks before bed. She’s potty trained through the night. Occasional bed wetting is why we still don’t allow drinks before bedtime.
» Tell me… What are some excuses, crazy excuses, your children use to get out of bed during bedtime?