Ever since we got our new furnace in, it has been high 80 degrees weather. So gearing up for the summer heat, I thought I would put some of those strawberries from the strawberry farm to use in a milkshake. This shake has a creamier taste with the whipped topping in it. If you don’t care about the calories and would rather have a really creamy shake, substitute half and half instead of milk. The recipe after the jump.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 or 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup (5-6 large) frozen strawberries
- 1 cup milk or half and half (or more depending on your desired consistency)
1. Place frozen strawberries at the bottom of the blender. Then everything else on top. Blend on high speed until a smooth consistency.
» Tell me… Do you prefer milkshakes or smoothies?