I am not a good pasta salad maker. I love a good pasta salad, but mine never really turn out like other people’s. Until I just came up with is simple recipe the other day. I just threw together what I had in the house and it was pretty good. So I’m here to share it with you today. It’s fool proof. It’s simple. It’s very tasty. And you can customize it to your liking. Eat it cold or warm. This is enough to feed 8 people.
- 1 box (12 oz) of tricolor rotini or bow tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup diced Münster cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
1. Cook the pasta according to box directions. Just a note, I usually cook the pasta a minute less for pasta salads so it is a little firmer and doesn’t break apart easily when you mix everything together.
2. After draining the pasta, put in a large bowl and add the dressing in and mix the pasta so it doesn’t stick to each other.
3. Toss in remaining ingredients. This is where you can customize to your liking. You can make it chicken rather than bacon. Add red onions or avocados. And you may want to add a little more Caesar dressing, especially if you add a lot of toppings.
» Tell me… What is your favorite dressing to use in a pasta salad?
Did you know that 1 in 5 children in America suffer from childhood hunger? With this post, I am also participating in Romano’s Macaroni Grill’s effort to feed hungry children. By posting this recipe, Romano’s Macaroni Grill will connect children to up to 500 meals. And you can help feed the hungry by going to any of their restaurants and donate money or visiting their website 1 Million Meals for more simple ways of participating.