If you haven’t decorated your pumpkin, this is the last weekend to do so before Halloween. Really. Who said it was OK for November to show up next week? I’m so not ready. Although, I’m loving this fall weather. Just glad it’s not snowing like some other parts of the country. Hehe. If you are not into carving the pumpkin and scooping out the goop inside, here are some alternative ways to decorate a pumpkin…
- Carving the outside shell. As pictured above.
- Gluing decorations to it. Nothing a hot glue gun can’t fix, right? Decorate it with googly eyes, pom pom balls, foil, tissue paper, just about anything you can think of.
- Printables. One year I found printables online where you print and tape to pumpkin. Then later I used the rest of the pumpkin in a recipe.
- Dress it up. Use actual pieces of children’s clothing to dress up a pumpkin – hats, scarves, gloves, fake mustaches, tights, shoes.
- Paint it. Use finger paints, spray paints, glittery paints. This is a quick way to give the pumpkin a complete makeover.